Every Friday morning
From 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Starting from 30 October 2015
Series of 7 sessions
Location: Balance Health
Price: $600 per session
Package price $3600 for 7 session
Bring a friend 10% discount for both
To register, please call us on
2530 3315 or fill out the form below.
We appreciate sign-ups in advance.
Body-awareness and Body-movement workshop series to help you feel at home in your body.
With a playful and curious attitude you will explore tools to:
• Gain in self-awareness, clarity and focus to feel grounded, centered and refreshed in your body
• Better recognize and understand your body language and response to stress, and thereby handle stress better in the workplace and in life
• Improve your ease of movement, coordination and flexibility, shake off chronic pains and old tensions
• Connect to and express yourself and your creativity, feel integrated and coherent in yourself, your body and in your environment
These workshop series bring to you a bespoke combination of Somatic Body-Mind Movement Education and TRE® Tension Release Exercises.
Our body is shaped by our anatomy and how we move. Body-Mind Movement promotes ease of movement and supports transformation on the physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual level.
Movement is life, life is movement.
1. In the first part of the workshop series, Anne Cousin guides you with imagery, breath and movement into exploring your vertebrae movement patterns. These movements are simple yet powerful as they are formed by basic neurological patterns which are potential patterns of movement that are inherent in the nervous system, based on the observation of the development of the human embryonic, fetal and extra-uterine life over time.
2. In the second part of the workshop you get familiar with the process of TRE® (Tension & Trauma Release Exercise). TRE is an innovative series of exercises that assist the body in releasing deep muscular patterns of stress, tension and trauma. Created by Dr. David Berceli, PhD, TRE safely activates a natural reflex mechanism of shaking or vibrating that releases muscular tension, calming down the nervous system. When this muscular shaking/vibrating mechanism is activated in a safe and controlled environment, the body is encouraged to return back to a state of balance.
Bringing these tools into your life, you gain in embodied presence: improve your sense of self and grow clarity, develop ease of movement, balance and coordination in a safe and supportive environment.
These learnings can then be incorporated into your own physical self-care practice (such as yoga and mindfulness exercises).
These classes will benefit those who want to improve their:
• Body awareness (proprioception) and sense of personal space (kinesphere)
• Body posture and muscular tone (freedom of movement, coordination, effortless movement, efficient use of the body strength and body parts)
• Balance, flexibility, spine and limbs integration (scoliosis, sacroiliac and hip joints problems, lower back pain, weak pelvis, TMJ tensions)
• Personal presence quality, knowing oneself (focus and clarity, concentration, creativity and expression, learning ability, dyslexia, self-others relationship)
• Mind-body inter relationships awareness (organs functioning, chronic disorders)
• Experience TRE® in a contained and self-regulated way (de-stress and rest ability, self-understanding, self-care, stress-proof toolkit, tools to "repattern" on many levels)
In each session of 2 hours your Body becomes the subject rather than being objectified. The series contains 6 sessions in total. You are welcome drop in, and mind that every class is built on the previous one, as together we explore ways for you to appropriate yourself the material that is taught.